It may seem odd, that the impulsive, impetuous Han Solo would teach us any kind of meaningful and useful lesson during The Empire Strikes Back (apart from never to tell him the odds, which is more of an instruction than a lesson) but Dan Zehr proves us wrong, highlighting an important moment towards the end of the film when his cool head makes a wise choice.
Chewbacca is everything you would want in a best friend: he’s loyal, trustworthy, honest, and certainly comes in handy if you want to pull someone’s arms out of their sockets. And Chewie does not want anything to happen to his friend and co-pilot. The two have been through a lot together, so when he gets the chance, the Wookiee fights back, tossing stormtroopers aside like they are rag dolls.
Ironically, Han Solo is the voice of reason. In a beautiful moment, amid the ugliness of Vader’s evil scheme, the Corellian calmly and rationally tells Chewbacca not to fight, because there will be another time. Even though Han’s friends are full of anxiety and fear, being angry and lashing out isn’t the answer. Solo knows it will only make things worse.
- HAN SOLO (CARBONITE): Before attempting to trap Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader tested the carbon-freezing process on Han Solo. The smuggler survived, and was later freed by Princess Leia in Jabba the Hutt’s palace
- 40TH ANNIVERSARY FIGURE: Celebrate 40 years of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back with this Han Solo (Carbonite) The Black Series action figure featuring 1980s-inspired design
- VINTAGE-INSPIRED PACKAGING: Star Wars The Black Series Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40TH Anniversary 6-inch-scale classic Star Wars figures feature packaging with original Kenner branding (Each sold separately. Subject to availability.)
- PREMIUM DETAILING: Star Wars fans and collectors can display this Han Solo (Carbonite) figure, featuring premium deco, in their action figure and vehicle collection
- LOOK FOR OTHER FIGURES FROM A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY: Look for movie- and entertainment-inspired Star Wars The Black Series figures to build a Star Wars galaxy (Each sold separately. Subject to availability)