Considering that The Searchers, arguably the Duke’s greatest film, was an influence on Star Wars there’s a satisfaction in knowing that Brendan Wayne, the grandson of movie legend John Wayne, plays a part in The Mandalorian.
We don’t talk enough about how one of The Mandalorian doubles is John Wayne’s grandson
— Ash Crossan (@AshCrossan) November 22, 2019
Fatherly took a look at Brendan’s career.
Brendan Wayne got his start in the family business in a 2001 episode of Angel, and since then he’s appeared in a lot of movies and TV shows, from Fast & Furious to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to Sons of Anarchy.
In The Mandalorian, the younger Wayne appears in episodes three through six as one of the doubles for the titular character. The Wayne family is now officially part of a blockbuster world their paterfamilias helped inspire.
- Working together for the 12th time, John Wayne and director John Ford forged The Searchers into an indelible image of the frontier and the men and women who challenged it. Wayne plays ex-Confederate soldier Ethan Edwards, a believer more in bullets t
- John Wayne, Jeffrey Hunter, Vera Miles (Actors)
- John Ford (Director) - Frank S. Nugent (Writer) - C.V. Whitney (Producer)
- French, English, Spanish (Subtitles)
- Audience Rating: PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)