The reliance on computers in editing, sending, manipulating, securing and storing information has led to high demand for Information Technology experts. An IT certification is of great importance since you can quickly acquire a job and gain knowledge and skills in this vast field. Some of the significant IT specializations are project management, information security, routing and switching, virtualization and web development. In this article, we shall focus on PMI PMP certification which is a project management credential.
About Project Management Institute
Project Management Institute (PMI) is the official vendor of PMP certification. This organization was established in 1969. PMI is a well-known non-profit membership association for project managers. PMI offers PMP certification together with the associated exam to the candidates from all the countries in the world. Here are other in-demand certifications offered by PMI:
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
General overview of PMP certification
PMP stands for Project Management Professional. PMPcredential is global; it means that you can work in any industry and place with this certification. The candidate who aspires to be PMP certified should do PMP exam. The individual is supposed to meet the following criteria to apply for PMI PMP certification:
- Possess sufficient skills and knowledge to apply methodologies to projects which have certain requirements.
- Direct the projects teams while observing resources, schedule and budget.
- Carry out the duties under minimal supervision and be in charge of all the project aspects.
Apart from that, the candidate should fulfill one of the requirements mentioned below:
- You need to have a secondary degree as well as a minimum of 5 years of project management experience (at least 7,500 hours in directing and leading the project). You are also required to have 35 contact hours of project management education.
- You need to have a 4-year Bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) as well as a minimum of 3 years of project management experience (at least 4,500 hours in directing and leading the project). This option also implies 35 contact hours of project management education.
The skills offered by PMP certification are communication, planning, leadership, decision making, time management, negotiation and team management.
PMP exam has 200 multiple-choice questions which should be answered within 4 hours (240 minutes). Among these 200 questions, 25 are unscored.
The performance domains which are tested in PMP exam are:
- Executing projects
- Monitoring and controlling projects
- Project planning
- Project initiation
- Project closing
If you are not a member of PMI, you need to pay $555 to do PMP exam and get PMI PMP certification. A person who is a member of PMP will spend $405. Getting a PMI membership comes with many benefits. As mentioned above, a PMI member receives a significant discount on PMP exam. A PMI member also gets a chance of accessing and downloading exclusive resources. Once you receive a PMI membership, you will get a chance of interacting with other professionals.
Why you need to be PMP certified
PMP certification has become popular since there is a high demand for project managers. A lot of employers require or recommend PMP certification since PMP certified project managers have the necessary skills to complete important projects in time. PMP certification is also globally recognized, unlike other project management certifications which are locally known. PMI PMP certification is definitely worth its cost. It will enable you to boost your resume, be promoted and get a pay rise. A PMP certified project manager earns an average salary of $108,000. PMI PMP certification also offers an excellent chance to work with new project managers.
How to pass PMP exam
The tips to score high in PMP exam are as follows:
- Develop a good study plan
- Solve a lot of practice questions
- Train effective time management
- Become a member of PMI
- Interact with skilled project managers
- Utilize the 35 hours of project management education effectively
On the Project Management Institute website, you will find the best preparation materials such as PMI papers and publications. PMI also provides professional exam preparation which will ensure you have had 35 contact hours. But if you need some additional material that is 100% effective, you need to visit Prepaway website and get PMP exam dumps.
About PMP exam dumps
Exam dumps for PMP test contain questions and answers which will be very useful for your training. You can download PMP exam dumps from sites such as Prepaway, ExamCollection andPrepAway. I would recommend you to use Prepaway platform to preparefor all IT exams. PMP exam dumps on this platform are always relevant and updated. Prepaway site offers VCE files which contain both questions and answers and you can play these files on VCE Exam Simulator. You can also find a PMI PMP training course on Prepaway which has a number of lecturers and a comprehensive study guide.
If you have a dream of becoming a professional project manager, you need to apply for PMP certification offered by PMI and prepare yourself well for the exam. There are many websites which provide quality PMP exam preparation materials, but Prepaway is the best. After reading the reviews and comments on Prepaway, you will discover that those who have used Prepaway preparation materials are feeling satisfied and ready for their exams.