Acme Archives, a long-time purveyor of fine Star Wars art bring us a look at their latest releases from artists Phaserunner and Joe Hogan detailing a trio of familiar GFFA Outer Rim worlds and an iconic former Jedi.
“The inspiration for my Dagobah, Mustafar, and Tatooine pieces came from those iconic moments you see in each episode, where a pilot approaches a new strange and wonderful looking planet, particularly Luke’s first descent into Dagobah,” PhaseRunner says. “I find the planets in the Star Wars galaxy vivid and rich in color, especially when contrasted against the blackness of space. They felt magical, and sometimes a little ominous. I wanted to echo this in my artwork.”
Dubbed “Dagobah M-19,” “Mustafar L-19,” and “Tatooine R-16,” these widescreen lithographs measure 36×12 inches, and will be available on September 1 at 9 a.m. PT at DarkInkArt.com and AcmeArchivesDirect.com, for $45 each in a limited-edition print run of 250 pieces.
In addition, artist Joe Hogan’s Ahsoka Tano-centric Star Wars: The Clone Wars illustration, “A Padawan’s Journey.” A colorful and striking image, it’s Hogan’s tribute to a series and character that mean so much to him.
“The Clone Wars series debuted during a time in my life that I was very uncertain about who I was as an artist, despite knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that I wanted to create Star Wars art,” Hogan says. “I was already a huge fan of Star Wars since childhood, but was still struggling to find my voice after graduating art school in 2008. A few months later, the first episode, “Ambush” debuted, and the art style — combined with classic George Lucas Star Wars storytelling — heavily inspired me so much to keep working towards my goal of one day becoming a Star Wars artist.”
Mission accomplished, we’d say. “A Padawan’s Journey,” measuring 18×24 inches and limited to 250 pieces, will be available for $45 on September 1 at 9 a.m. PT at DarkInkArt.com and AcmeArchivesDirect.com.
- Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience Star Wars: Squadrons
- Step into cockpits of starfighters from the new republic and Imperial fleets and fight in 5 vs. 5 space battles
- Take control of starfighters such as the X-wing and TIE fighter and customize your load-out and cosmetics
- Learn what it means to be a pilot in a thrilling Star Wars single-player story set after return of the Jedi
- The New Republic fights for freedom. The Empire demands order. We need you to join the galaxy's finest