Filming on the first season of The Mandalorian has ended, with the first eight episode season wrapping just a few days ago.
First off, here’s a Tweet via Star Wars News Network which shows a now deleted tweet from episode director Damiano Fusca and a Mando helmet signed by the crew of the first season.
In a now deleted tweet it appears #TheMandalorian may have also wrapped filming. The show has been filming since early October. If true it’s certainly possible a full trailer could be available at Celebration. We’ll see! I imagine we’ll hear something from Favreau soon. #StarWars pic.twitter.com/OiIk02CyAy
— SWNN (@StarWarsNewsNet) February 16, 2019
Interestingly, in sharing the post, Making Star Wars mentioned that the crew wrap party took place at the Scum and Villainy Cantina in LA last Tuesday.
Here’s an Instagram post from the_cali_texan showing a relieved crew at the end of shooting.
Interesting that as shooting on Episode IX comes to a close, so does the first season of The Mandalorian, and with Celebration only 53 days away we must be close to seeing footage and getting more information on both projects. Now ILM and the post production teams on both projects get let loose to weave their digital magic.
- OFFICIALLY LICENSED Star Wars a trademark of Disney and Lucasfilm costume mask; look for trademark logo packaging and labels to help assure you've received an authentic safety-tested item
- Pull on Boba Fett character costume mask with decorative battle damage and tinted T-Shaped visor for visibility during wear
- ONE SIZE: Designed to fit most adults and older teens
- GROUPS / FAMILIES: Combine with child, adult, and pet officially licensed Star Wars costumes, accessories and décor by Rubies available in styles for all of your favorite characters
- FAMILY-OWNED, FAMILY-FOCUSED, and based in the U.S.A. since 1950, Rubie's has classic and licensed costumes and accessories in sizes and styles for your entire family