Ming-Na Wen joins the cast of The Mandalorian in the role of assassin Fennec Shand, revealed in a new teaser for the series which will be with us (well, some of us) in just over a weeks time and the actress spoke with Vanity Fair about the role and what Star Wars has meant to her.
The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Mulan actor will appear as the assassin Fennec Shand, who crosses paths with Pedro Pascal’s masked bounty hunter midway through the first season of the Disney+ series, which launches with the streaming service’s debut on November 12.
“We got our inspiration really from the name. The idea of a fennec fox came to mind,” Wen told Vanity Fair. “She’s tricky, and yet she’s able to maneuver and survive, and be stealthy—so very graceful and agile. I just love that whole image with the name.”
The first appearance of her character is in this new teaser video, with her facing down the faceless lead character, a man without a name apart from the warrior tribe whose armor he wears. She delivers a somewhat ironic line: “Your name will be legendary.”
- The Mandalorian: his body is shielded by beskar armor, his face is hidden behind a t-visor mask, and his past is wrapped in mystery
- Vintage-inspired packaging: Star Wars the vintage collection 3.75-Inch scale classic Star Wars figures and vehicles feature original Kenner branding (each sold separately. Subject to availability.)
- Authentically styled after the Disney plus Series: fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the Star Wars Galaxy with this premium The Mandalorian figure, inspired by the the Mandalorian live-action TV series on Disney plus
- Premium design and articulation: highly poseable with realistic detail, The Star Wars the Mandalorian figure can be displayed in action figure and vehicle collections
- Collectible toys: look for other Star Wars 3.75-Inch scale The vintage collection figures and vehicles to collect, swap with friends, or give as gifts (each sold separately. Subject to availability.)