Third-party measurement firm Parrot Analytics has compared the launch weeks of Apple TV+, Disney+, HBO Max and Peacock, looking at how demand for their original shows stacked up against average demand for U.S. TV shows during that period of time.
The company found that The Mandalorian was far and away the most anticipated of all streaming shows. The Jon Favreau drama, which is set in the world of Star Wars, was made available on Disney+’s Nov. 12 launch day. Demand for the show was more than 55 times higher than the average TV series during that same week.
“The Mandalorian is in a class of its own,” says Alejandro Rojas, director of applied analytics at Parrot.
Disney has not said how many viewers The Mandalorian received, but the service did attract 10 million sign ups in its first 24 hours. It now has over 60 million global subscribers.
Congratulations, and let’s see how high season two flies when it arrives in October.
- Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience Star Wars: Squadrons
- Step into cockpits of starfighters from the new republic and Imperial fleets and fight in 5 vs. 5 space battles
- Take control of starfighters such as the X-wing and TIE fighter and customize your load-out and cosmetics
- Learn what it means to be a pilot in a thrilling Star Wars single-player story set after return of the Jedi
- The New Republic fights for freedom. The Empire demands order. We need you to join the galaxy's finest