The Black Series rolled out a slew of new figures last Thursday and along with it a new style of packaging, and Hasbro Pulse take a look back at the previous designs and the evolution to this new, refreshed look.
The reveal of the new Black Series packaging design has us fans inside Hasbro buzzing, because we know that the packages that hold the Black Series characters safely on shelf are nearly as important to many collectors as the figures themselves. We love the look of the new packages, which pay homage not only to the characters, but the iconic scenes of the Star Wars Galaxy.
But what goes into designing that look? Why have we changed the look over the years? How did we get here from where we started? If these are questions you’ve asked yourself, get ready… we talked to members of the Star Wars brand design and product design teams to peek behind the curtain and get some answers.
- Vintage-inspired packaging with original Kenner branding
- 3.75-inch-scale replica of Imperial Combat Assault Tank from Star Wars: Rogue One
- Includes Kyber canister accessories
- Fits 3 3.75-inch-scale figures (each sold separately. Subject to availability). Collect other Star Wars Vintage Collection figures to expand Star Wars collection (Each sold separately).
- Includes vehicle, 9 accessories, and instructions. Ages 4 and up.