As fans around the world countdown to the debut of Solo: A Star Wars Story on May 24th, Lucasfilm today unveiled product collections inspired by the highly-anticipated Star Wars film. The cross-category assortment spans action figures, role-play products, apparel and more that take inspiration from the upcoming movie, with comic and book titles launching in May.
“The latest Star Wars adventure celebrates iconic characters like Han Solo and Chewbacca, and introduces a host of new heroes,” said Paul Gainer, head of Global Product Management and Distribution, Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products. “Through innovative toy features and product experiences, our SOLO collection brings this new story to life for fans and families around the world.”
Retailers in the U.S. including Walmart, Amazon, and shopDisney.com will host pre-orders for select toys beginning today, with additional product available at mass retailers, Disney store, shopDisney.com and Disney Parks starting on April 13th and rolling out through May.
Available toys from the pre-sale include:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story 3.75-inch Kessel Run Millennium Falcon vehicle by Hasbro ($99.99)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Han Solo Landspeeder Vehicle by Hasbro ($29.99)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Han Solo figure by Hasbro ($19.99)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Lando Calrissian figure by Hasbro ($19.99)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Qi’ra figure by Hasbro ($19.99 – Available April 13)
- Star Wars: The Black Series 6-inch Range Trooper figure by Hasbro ($19.99)
Highlights from the new product line available beginning April 13th include:
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Figure Play Set by Disney store ($14.95)
- Star Wars Han Solo’s Landspeeder construction set by LEGO ($29.99)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Bobbleheads in the Pop! style by Funko ($9.99)
- Hot Wheels Solo: A Star Wars Story Character Cars by Mattel ($3.99)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Big Figs by Jakks Pacific ($19.99)
- Star Wars: Last Shot: A Han and Lando Novel by Daniel Jose Older (Del Rey) ($28.99)
- Star Wars: Choose Your Destiny: A Han and Chewie Adventure by Cavan Scot, Illus. by Elsa Charretier (Disney-Lucasfilm Press)($5.99)
Products available at Disney Parks and shopDisney.com beginning April 20th includes:
- Droid Factory Four-Pack Set ($29.99)
- Disney Pins and Trading Accessories ($9.99-$29.99)
- Retail MagicBand 2 ($22.99-$32.99)
- A Galaxy of Apparel for the Whole Family ($19.99-$59.99)
Solo: A Star Wars Story opens in U.S. theaters on May 25th, while the European Premiere is at The Cannes Film Festival on May 15th. The film opens in the UK May 24th 2018.