As you now know, dates were announced for the opening of Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland California however what you may have missed is that it is now on the Disney Parks app.
There is some key information available about what will happen over the first opening months including the following:
- One of the signature rides Rise of the Resistance will not be open when the park first opens it’s doors and a date will be announced in due course.
- For a short period of time a non cost reservation needs to be made if you wish to visit Galaxy’s Edge and are subject to availability those staying on site will receive a designated reservation (one per guest) . Guests must also have a park ticket for the day alongside this reservation.
- Come 24th June guests will no longer require a reservation however information available on the app is definitely instructing fans to manage their expectations.
Beginning June 24th 2019, a separate reservation for the land will no longer be required. Information on how to make a reservation and details about the reservations will be available at a later date.
Capacity for Disneyland Park, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences is limited. Access to the park, land and experiences may be restricted or unavailable depending on Guest demand and other factors. Park tickets, Annual Passports and vacation packages and Disneyland Resort hotel stays do not include special provisions for or guarantee access to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
- If you believe booking after hotel is going to guarantee to get in after this date you may be sorely disappointed as Galaxy’s Edge is not included in the magic hour or magic morning at Disneyland Park
- Also for those who feel having a pass might be another option … think again
There is a useful frequently asked question section where any question has been posed and answered immediately
If you want to find out what the land is looking like from someone who has had a sneak preview then check out Making Tracks episode when Mark Newbold speaks to Amy Ratcliffe from Nerdist and Lattes with Leia.
Here at Fantha Tracks we are looking forward to immersing ourselves in Star Wars, but deciding when to travel is our biggest problem .