We were lucky enough to interview the amazingly talented team (Director, Ben Snow, Creative Executive, Lucasfilm Story Group, Matt Martin and Supervisor, Creative Development + Experience Design, Jose Perez III) behind Vader Immortal at D23 about the upcoming Episode 2. Watch as we talk about what to expect going forward touching on the important topics such as – The Force, Action, Fear, Dok Ondor’s, “Working” late and Tattoos!
Synopsis : Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode II continues the swashbuckling adventure of the debut episode, with audiences stepping back into the role of a smuggler recruited by Darth Vader himself. After the Dark Lord teaches you to harness your latent Force abilities, you suddenly find yourself trapped in the depths of Corvax Fortress, an ancient structure hidden deep inside Mustafar. To escape you’ll have to battle terrifying new creatures and uncover the secret behind one of the planet’s oldest mysteries — with only a lightsaber and the Force as your guide.
– The Force: Episode II allows you to learn the ways of the Force from none other than Darth Vader. Lift rocks, enemies, and mysterious artifacts, or solve ancient puzzles as you take your first steps into a larger world.
– Lightsaber Dojo II: The episode features Lightsaber Dojo II , a standalone experience that combines lightsaber and Force combat for open-ended play. Use powers like Force Stun, Force Grip, and Force Pull to best your enemies in battle — or attack them by throwing your lightsaber across the room!
– Darkghast: The episode introduces a mysterious new creature called the Darkghast, which hides deep in the ruins beneath Darth Vader’s castle.
– Talent: Vader Immortal is written by David S. Goyer ( The Dark Knight , Blade ), and features Maya Rudolph ( Bridesmaids , Big Mouth ) as your sardonic droid sidekick, ZO-E3, and fan favorite Scott Lawrence as Darth Vader.
– Canon: Created in close collaboration with the Lucasfilm Story Group, Vader Immortal is a canonical part of the Star Wars galaxy. Taking place shortly after Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire — also produced by ILMxLAB — it is set between the events of Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One .
– Platforms: Like its debut episode, Vader Immortal: Episode II will be available on the Oculus Quest and Oculus Rift platforms.
Let us know what you think in the comments below and don’t forget to subscribe to ensure you get the latest updates!
Fantha Tracks brings together a team of experienced Star Wars reporters from around the world with the aim of bringing the latest breaking news, reviews, podcasts via our Fantha Tracks podcast network, collecting news and fan interactions from across the planet.
Join us http://www.fanthatracks.com/
Intro Music by http://www.jamessemple.com/