Albin Johnson brings us some great news regarding the AmbassaDroid program and a super new patch that’s available.
The KT AmbassaDroid program finally has a unit logo!
In 2016 in the wake of R2-KT’s appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, fans and droid builders requested to make their own R2-KT and help with charitable works and appearances. The solution: why not mobilize these fans and their passion into an ambassador group for the KT mission? And so the AmbassaDroid program was born!
Today we have KT units in the UK, Spain, and Mexico and more are being built right now! You can learn more about these sister droids right here: http://www.r2kt.com/ambassadroids/
And now, thanks to amazing artist and 501st Legion Star Garrison member Eric Ehrlich, we have our unit logo!!! Eric (TK41970 of NTX Squad) designed two stunning designs. Based on votes from the AmbassaDroid members this is the winner: the KT logo re-imagined in a globe motif with the flags of our member nations adorning the border. The logo is dated to allow for changes as new nations join and will be used to identify KT’s sisters and unify the group in their awesome work.
Patches are 3.5″ x 4″ embroidered with twill background. We will be offering these as a KT patch run to once again raise funds for charitable works. This run will benefit Doctors Without Borders – a charity that ranks 94% on Charity Navigator and a fund that I personally donate to already. You can learn more about DWB here: https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
If you would like to order one or more of these amazing logo badges, here is the order information:
* price is $7 apiece (or $5 apiece for orders of five or more)
* shipping is $1 for every five shipped (or $2 outside the U.S.)
* order by sending payment via PayPal to [email protected] and use the Goods & Services option
* please verify your address is listed and that you mention what item(s) you are ordering
* We will run these starting Oct 1 and ship them in late October. Orders are open now until October 15th.
* KT Subscribers need only tell us how many to send them against their Subscription. For more information on how to become a KT Subscriber and get first dibs on items just email us at [email protected]
I am so proud of the work being done all around the world by Star Wars fans. And I am grateful to the AmbassaDroid and Pink Force members who help us bring the Pink Side of the Force to the fan community. Star Wars fans making the world a brighter place!