The Holo-brick Archives might be a new venture, but there’s already a vast archive of content on the site and today we take a look at one of their reviews; 75286 General Grievous’s Starfighter.
Unfortunately, the blockiness of LEGO bricks doesn’t quite convey the sleek fuselage of the one in the movie-slash-TV show, but that’s forgivable. The increased use of elements with smooth surfaces goes a long way to stripping out the studiness of earlier incarnations. Where studs are evident, they are used for effect – such as the gold flowers that represent the lateral thrust ducts.
The missing landing legs don’t cause too many issues, because the thrust vectoring fin can be flipped up, allowing for the model to be put in the same non-flight position as that seen in The Revenge of the Sith. Additionally, the engine cowlings slide back to reveal storage space for the projectiles and lightsabers – though the latter locker is quite a squeeze.
The minfigures provided includes the Obi-Wan Kenobi with a battle damaged tunic that was first introduced in 75269 Duel on Mustafar, depicting the wear and tear Kenobi’s clothes endured when he and Grievous went blade to blades. Backing up the Jedi Master is a specialist clonetrooper, marked with the two orange flashes of the 2nd Airborne Company, with an updated print from its first appearance in 75036 Utapau Troopers from 2014.
Representing the bad guys is General Grievous, the four-armed, multi-jointed, lightsaber-swinging Supreme Commander of the Separatist Droid Army that fought the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. First appearing in 75040 General Grievous’ Wheel Bike in 2014, this is now the go-to minifigure for this character.
- Kids can stage epic General Grievous vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi battles with this construction playset featuring General Grievous’s Starfighter (75286) from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- This awesome building toy for kids includes 3 LEGO Star Wars minifigures – General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi with a Lightsaber, and an Airborne Clone Trooper with a blaster – to role-play fun, creative stories
- General Grievous's Starfighter features an opening LEGO minifigure cockpit, 2 spring-loaded shooters and retractable landing gear to spark fans’ imaginations as they play solo or share the fun with friends
- There are lots of ways to play with this 487-piece set, making it a great birthday present or holiday gift for boys and girls aged 9+ to introduce them to LEGO Star Wars building toys or expand their collection
- This construction model measures over 3” (8cm) high, 11.5” (30cm) long and 6.5” (17cm) wide; Fans can also fly it in the LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga video game