It’s become required viewing for anyone interested in the making of this landmark series, and tomorrow brings the latest episode of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian as the spotlight is shone on technology.
Episode 4 – “Technology”
Premieres Friday, May 22 at 12:01 a.m. on Disney+
Jon Favreau and his team devised a new method of filmmaking by expanding upon technology previously developed for projects like The Jungle Book and The Lion King. The roundtable discusses how they created an immersive shooting stage that utilizes video walls and game engine software in an unprecedented way.
Stay tuned to Making Tracks as starting next Tuesday we have a series of conversations with ILM’s Hal Hickel, culminating in an hour long chat about his time in the Star Wars galaxy, including his work on The Mandalorian.
- BASED ON A CLASSIC STAR WARS GAME: This retro board game is based on the Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back Ice Planet Hoth game by Kenner, released in 1980
- EXCLUSIVE LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER) FIGURE: Attention Star Wars fans and collectors! The Star Wars Hoth Ice Planet Adventure board game comes with an exclusive Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder) figure
- DEFEAT DARTH VADER: Win battles against 4 Imperial enemies: Stormtrooper, Probot, AT-AT, and Boba Fett. Earn enough Force to defeat the final foe, Darth Vader to win the game
- MILLENNIUM FALCON TOKENS: Move around the gameboard using one of the 4 Millennium Falcon tokens, or use the Snowspeeder token
- GREAT GIFT FOR STAR WARS FANS: The retro Star Wars game makes a great gift for Star Wars fans and collectors of Star Wars memorabilia; This board game is for ages 8 and up, for 2-4 players