To commemorate the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, BBC One is showing the documentary The Battle of Britain, an updated version of the 2010 doc featuring Ewan McGregor and his brother, former RAF pilot Colin.
To mark the 80th anniversary of the Battle of Britain, the BBC will show again a documentary in which former RAF fighter jet pilot Colin McGregor and his film star brother Ewan meet veterans of the famous battle over the skies of Britain.
The brothers take viewers through the key moments of the Battle of Britain, when ‘the few’ of the RAF faced the might of the Nazi Luftwaffe.
As they fly historic planes, meet the veterans, explore the tactics and technology, Colin and Ewan discover the importance of the battle and the surviving legacy of the 1940s campaign for the modern RAF.
The documentary will be screened again tonight at 9pm on BBC One.
We honour the 2341 British pilots who won the Battle of Britain, but let's not forget there were also 145 Poles, 127 NZers, 112 Canadians, 88 Czechoslovaks, 32 Aussies, 28 Belgians, 25 SAfricans,13 French,10 Irish, 9 US, 3 Rhodesians, & 1 each from Jamaica, Barbados & N'foundland
— John Simpson (@JohnSimpsonNews) September 15, 2020
- Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience Star Wars: Squadrons
- Step into cockpits of starfighters from the new republic and Imperial fleets and fight in 5 vs. 5 space battles
- Take control of starfighters such as the X-wing and TIE fighter and customize your load-out and cosmetics
- Learn what it means to be a pilot in a thrilling Star Wars single-player story set after return of the Jedi
- The New Republic fights for freedom. The Empire demands order. We need you to join the galaxy's finest