We have the MCU, the DCU, the ever-expanding worlds of Star Trek, Fast and Furious and of course the Star Wars galaxy and now you can add the DSCU as the worlds of Dr. Seuss are about to be explored in animated fashion by Warner Brothers and Bad Robot, with J.J. Abrams in the producers chair for the first time on an animated feature.
One Seuss, two Seuss, three Seuss, new Seuss. A trio of films based on the storybooks of Dr. Seuss is on its way to theaters as part of an expansive filmmaking deal with Warner Animation Group, and one of them will be the first-ever adaptation of Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
The 1990 book about a kid who seeks a lifetime of adventure was the final Theodor Geisel story to be published in the author’s lifetime, and also the last of his tales that many young readers receive, often as a graduation gift. It will be the first animation project for J.J. Abrams, who signed on to produce the feature film alongside Hannah Minghella, head of motion pictures at Bad Robot.
The two other films in the lineup are a new animated version of The Cat in the Hat and a subsequent spin-off about that story’s twin mischief makers, Thing One and Thing Two. The three movies are designed to be the start of a “Seuss universe,” according to the team putting together the projects, who outlined the details exclusively for Vanity Fair.
- Master the art of starfighter combat in the authentic piloting experience Star Wars: Squadrons
- Step into cockpits of starfighters from the new republic and Imperial fleets and fight in 5 vs. 5 space battles
- Take control of starfighters such as the X-wing and Tie fighter and customize your load-out and cosmetics
- Learn what it means to be a pilot in a thrilling Star Wars single-player story set after return of the Jedi
- The New Republic fights for freedom. The Empire demands order. We need you to join the galaxy's finest