Coming out soon is the 200th issue of Star Wars Insider, and ahead of that here’s the first part of my list of 50 reasons we love Star Wars. Some may be the same as what’s in issue 200, some definitely are not. Here they are in no particular order.
1. New projects like Rangers of the New Republic, The Acolyte and…
2. Book of Boba Fett…
3. And speaking of the Fett, The Return of Boba Fett. Came in The Mandalorian dressed like a Tusken and swinging a Gafferdi stick like a Maori warrior, THEN retrieved his armor and fulfilled his bad-ass promise of a bad-ass character.
4. The Nihl from The High Republic series. A pirate/Viking group with cool masks.
5. Jon Antilles. Mysterious Jedi from the Clone Wars Legends-era.
6. Imperial Knights. Red-armored Force users from Star Wars Legacy.
7. My “The Child/Grogu” Black Series action figure I found randomly at Target.
8. My Boba Fett Balancer from Taco Bell in 1997, purchased at 2.00am on the way home from a Metallica concert.
9. Cobb Vanth. Tatooine Marshall wearing Boba Fett’s armor. Played by modern Western icon Timothy Olyphant.
10. Mara Jade. Jedi wife of Luke Skywalker in Legends.
11. The entire Legends storyline of Quinlan Vos.
12. “Star Wars SC 38 Reimagined:”
13. Phasma vs. Finn in The Last Jedi
14. Doctor Aphra. Morally ambiguous Indiana Jones.
15. The anti-Vader group Amidalans.
17. The Phantom Menace poster.
18. “Jabba Rocks” by Lin-Manuel Miranda
19. Captain Phasma unmasked in Vanity Fair.
You try to keep a solid hairdo under this helmet… pic.twitter.com/SUYO35W9ZR
— Captain Phasma (@captainphasma) May 24, 2017
21. The Republic Commando series by Karen Traviss
22. Light-side White armored Anakin Skywalker from the Infinities series
23. Indiana Jones and Han Solo in the same comic.
24. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin on Mustafar. As epic as we imagined it to be. From Revenge of the Sith.
25. Donald Glover as Lando. Perfect re-casting.
Star Wars: Year By Year (New Edition Hardcover) @ ForbiddenPlanet.com