He directed one of the most surprising and satisfying entries in the MCU in the form of Thor: Ragnarok and was a very welcome addition to the roster of directors announced for the first season of The Mandalorian. Speaking about his forthcoming series on FX, What We Do In The Shadows, Taika Waititi briefly touched on the process of making an episode in the Star Wars galaxy.
“There’s definitely some of the stuff I’ve learned over the years from working with [Clement] and [Simms] and everyone else back home that I have brought to my episode. But I can’t… It’s a very sacred universe, the Star Wars universe, so I can’t do too much of it.”
Not much we can divine from that, other than we shouldn’t expect the wacky, neon-soaked genius of Ragnarok to infuse the Outer Rim in his episode of The Mandalorian. That said, while there were fairly rigid guidelines on his Marvel experience he still delivered one of the most fun and enjoyable entries in the series, although when asked which was the strictest franchise…
“Star Wars, yeah, easily.”
The Mandalorian will be with us by the end of the year, and don’t be surprised if there’s a Star Wars TV panel at Celebration Chicago where we learn more about the show.
- Polish Release, cover may contain Polish text/markings. The disk has English audio.
- Blu-ray, PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
- Running time: 130 minutes
- Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, Idris Elba, Tessa Thompson
- Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, French, German, Dutch, Arabic, English