Our series of interviews “From Different Points of View” highlights Star Wars fans from across the world and allows them to tell you about Star Wars fandom from their point of view and how it has influenced their lives and the direction it has taken them.
This week’s point of view is from Brazil, and it is Sérgio Lopes.
When did your love of Star Wars begin and what was it that drew you to it?
How has Star Wars influenced you?
Star Wars was important to my evolution as a person, to the friendships I have conquered, and to my personal growth path.
What is your most memorable Star Wars moment?
I think the best moment with Star Wars was when I was at Celebration in Orlando and I was able to see a lot of the actors that I love so much about the franchise and share the space with fans from all over the world.
How do you celebrate your fandom, do you for example collect anything, cosplay or have a tattoo?
I collect comics, and I write for blogs here in Brazil, as well as for Fantha Tracks. I have also helped in many years to maintain one of Brazil’s biggest Star Wars fan clubs.
What’s the best part of being a member of Star Wars communities?
The people you know on this journey.
What are your next plans for Star Wars?
Stay active on the blogs I participate in, enjoy the movies, and go to Disney parks.
What are you looking forward to from Lucasfilm Ltd and Star Wars in the future?
Always, I want to see where the new Star Wars will take us.
Is there anything that hasn’t happened yet in Star Wars that you would like to see happen?
I think of new types of games.
To end each point of view we ask you to answer some rapid fire questions, gut feeling and no hesitation…
- Favourite Star Wars Film? – The Empire Strikes Back.
- Favourite Character? – Darth Maul.
- Most ridiculous random piece of merchandise? – Some Hot Wheels.
- Holiday Special or Caravan of Courage? – Holiday Special.
- Clone Wars or Rebels? – Clone Wars.
- Worst Star Wars film? – Rogue One.
- Porgs or Ewok? – Ewok.
- Treasured Star Wars possession? – Marvel Comics Star Wars number #1.
- What colour of lightsaber would you have? – Blue and White.
- What planet would you visit? – Naboo.