Wow, where do we start? Well, you gather a gaggle of StarWars.com writers (including yours truly) and ask them to choose something from The Empire Strikes Back that they love. For my part it was the bounty hunters, an introduction building on the unfortunate Greedo from A New Hope that has developed and grown over the past 40 years to become an integral element of Star Wars.
A New Hope introduced us to the complicated profession of bounty hunting in the form of the hapless Greedo, but The Empire Strikes Back took it to the next level. Han Solo’s reference to a bounty hunter on Ord Mantell tracking them down reminded us that despite throwing his lot in with the rebellion, his professional problems remained. And the introduction of a rogues gallery of bounty hunters — brought in by Darth Vader to hunt down the crew of the Millennium Falcon and lure Luke to be captured and taken to the Emperor — saw Solo encased in carbonite and taken back to Tatooine aboard Slave I to the court of Jabba the Hutt.
There is some great insight from great folks including Dan Zehr, Amy Ratcliffe, James Floyd, Bria LaVorgna, Amy Richau and many more, so give it a read.
- BASED ON A CLASSIC STAR WARS GAME: This retro board game is based on the Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back Ice Planet Hoth game by Kenner, released in 1980
- EXCLUSIVE LUKE SKYWALKER (SNOWSPEEDER) FIGURE: Attention Star Wars fans and collectors! The Star Wars Hoth Ice Planet Adventure board game comes with an exclusive Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder) figure
- DEFEAT DARTH VADER: Win battles against 4 Imperial enemies: Stormtrooper, Probot, AT-AT, and Boba Fett. Earn enough Force to defeat the final foe, Darth Vader to win the game
- MILLENNIUM FALCON TOKENS: Move around the gameboard using one of the 4 Millennium Falcon tokens, or use the Snowspeeder token
- GREAT GIFT FOR STAR WARS FANS: The retro Star Wars game makes a great gift for Star Wars fans and collectors of Star Wars memorabilia; This board game is for ages 8 and up, for 2-4 players